This our Celtic Solstice Mystery Finale link-up. Sigh, I’ve loved the trip… Thank you Bonnie and Linda. I had hoped to have my top finished by now, but my body isn’t cooperating with my intentions, so this will be an update. I have four out of the seven rows sewn.
My post on choosing this setting is here. I changed things slightly from that plan: I made the corners of the ‘ribbon’ border half square triangles instead of solid, and decided not to add any inner borders. I’m not sure yet if there will be outer borders or this is it… please give me your opinion!
I do love how my top turned out, it’s even better than I thought it could be! I can’t wait to finish and quilt it. The color scheme was a stretch for me, especially since I wasn’t doing scrappy. My intense green and somewhat flat-looking caramel gave me reasons pause along the way, but it all blends uniquely and beautifully when it’s sewn together.
I’ve named my quilt Dutch Summer, as in daydreaming under a gently turning windmill (green represents the grass, the pinwheels the windmill), near the sea (the teal), in sunny weather (yellow and white) with intense summer colors–as opposed to the Arctic cold and cloudy winter (gray, gray, gray) we’ve been having this year during the Mystery!
I’ll update my progress on the blog here. Looking forward to the next Mystery, I’m hoping it will be as challenging as this one.
Please continue your Celtic Solstice Finale Link-up journey here.
’til later, Jillian